Childs Real Estate Rental Application and Pre-Qualification
- Please fill in the form below. Provide as much information as possible.
- All adults who occupy the property must be on the lease and have an application and picture ID on file.
- If you pre-qualify based on this application you will be emailed a link to our tenant screening service where additional details and information will be required.
- Qualified applicants must submit an online credit check, eviction check, national background check and income verification. The processing fee is $50 per adult. We process qualified applicants in the order received. The fee is paid directly to the tenant screening service.
- Qualified candidates must submit income and employment verification documents.
- Accepted tenants must pay the first month’s rent PLUS a security deposit equal to the first month’s rent and a move-in fee at lease signing.
- Pets will require an additional security deposit plus an additional monthly fee. All pets must have a current photo and vaccination records.
General Qualifications and Preferences
- Credit score of 600 or higher
- Steady employment or other acceptable source of regular income for 2+ years.
- Gross monthly income at least 3 times the monthly rental rate.
- Monthly payment Debt-to-gross-income ratio no higher than 40%.
- Positive landlord references
- No evictions
- Cash available for security deposit, first month’s rent and move-in fee
- Evidence of responsible character … i.e. reference letters, follows instructions, no lying on application, shows up on time, no major criminal record.
- Pets allowed – decision on per property basis. If allowed, required non-refundable pet deposit equal to 25% of security deposit + $25/month pet rent per pet.
- Preference will be given to long term tenants 12+ months
- Preference will be given to candidates with an excellent residential history
- Preference will be given to candidates with long term employment history including retirees
- ** For student rentals, income and job requirements are slightly different. If all other requirements are met, students in good standing at a local university (CCU, HG Tech, etc.) can use a commitment letter from parents as a means to meet income and job requirements if they can’t meet it on their own.